HPV Vaccine StudyProject Focus
Durban KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Duration of Project
2005 - 36 months
Cinicians and community members
Dr Arthi Ramkissoon
Project Aim/ Objectives
To evaluate the efficacy of quadrivalent HPV (Types 6, 11, 16, and 18) vaccine in reducing the incidence of HPV 6-, 11-, 16-, and 18-related anogenital warts, and the incidence of HPV 6-, 11-, 16-, and 18-related genital infection in young men.
- Recruitment, screening & enrolment of 24 participants.
- Vaccination and post-vaccination follow-up for safety and efficacy for three years.
- Regular ongoing HIV testing of participants
- Vaccine - induced serum antibody responses to HPV 6, 11, 16, 18
- Safety of dose regimen of quadrivalent HPV vaccine
- Incidence of HPV related anogenital warts
- Incidence of HPV 6, 11, 16, 18 detection/infection
- Condom use and sexual risk behaviour in young men
Projects in the STI's & HIV Research Cluster: